Crab rice is such an easy rice cooker recipe to make. The preparation time is very short if you have some ready made fish stock to use. To be quite honest, making the dashi is the only time consuming part. The following video shows how it is made.
- Kelp (Kombu)
- Bonito flakes (katsuo-bushi)
Ratio of ingredients is as follows. For every 1 liter of water you need 10 grams of Kelp and 20 grams of Bonito flakes.
Crab Rice Ingredients:
- White Rice (1 cup of uncooked rice)
- Tinned crab (100 g)
- Dashi (about 300ml)
- Soy sauce (table spoon)
Even if you have to make the dashi from scratch, the preparation time for this dish should be about 15 minutes. The video above gives you a good idea of how to make it.
- Drain excess liquid from tinned crab.
- Wash rice and drain in colander.
- Add rice back to rice cooker cooking bowl.
- Add dashi up to above level 1 marking for white rice. About 1 1/4 is good.
- Add crab meat and soy sauce to cooking bowl.
- Put back into rice cooker and press start. (use the normal white rice program)
Related Rice Cooker Reviews: