This rice cooking recipe is based on the one that Zojirushi have in the recipes section of their website. It is well worth taking a look at to get some inspiration as to how to get the most out of your rice cooker. I love just throwing a bunch of ingredients into my rice cooker and then sitting back to wait for my food. It is a quick and delicious way to cook! I have never eaten authentic Jambalaya so I do not know what it should taste like. This dish is one I have eaten quite a few times and the recipe below is my current favorite. It is better to add too much than too little water/stock. I think this is because of the amount of ingredients that are also add to the pot. Using home made stock helps to give it a richer flavor but you can substitute this for water and half a stock cube. The recipe below is enough for two.
- 1 rice cooker measuring cup of rice
- 4-6 chicken spare ribs
- 3-4 small sausages
- 2 slices medium-thick cooked ham
- 1/2 bell pepper
- bunch of parsley
- 1 1/2 rice cooker measuring cups of home made stock
- black pepper
- chill powder
Preparation time is about 15 minutes. Then you have to wait another hour for the rice cooker to actually cook your food.
- Wash rice thoroughly and drain in colander.
- Chop up ingredients.
- Add rice, meat, vegetables stock and herbs to inner cooking bowl.
- Place into rice cooker and cook using standard white rice setting.
- After about 1 hour your meal will be ready.
Related Rice Cooker Reviews: